Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

10 Things NOT to say to an INfertile Myrtle

This is to help those whose friends and loved ones are struggling with infertility. May seem harsh, but I know I am not the only one who receives advice that is meant to be helpful, but isn't. I have personally heard each of these comments!!


10 Things not to say to those struggling with infertility.

10.  "Just relax and it'll happen." (If it were that easy, I wouldn't be on my second year of struggling)
9. "My friend's sister's boyfriend's cousin's hair dresser got pregnant by standing on her head for five hours." (or something along those ridiculous lines, we all have friends that have friends that experienced miraculous conceptions)
8. "I can't stand being pregnant" or "I'm so ready to be done with this pregnancy." (This comment will make us want to punch you)
7. "Stop trying! If you forget you want a kid then you'll get pregnant right away!" (Yeah, because that's how science works)
6. "Just lose weight!" (NO women wants to hear this, unless you are a doctor concerned for her weight, DO NOT say this!)
5. "My kids are driving me nuts, this must be GREAT birth control for you!"
4. "Things could be worse, at least you don't have cancer!" (Unless you have personally dealt with the heart break of infertility, don't you dare things could be worse. I know things could be worse, but unlike 90% of women I cannot do the ONE thing people are innately supposed to do.)
3. "Why don't you just try IVF?" (Oh because IVF is like $15,000)
2. "You should JUST adopt, there's nothing wrong with that!" (First of all I am adopted, second of all you do not JUST adopt the price can range from $15,000-50,000+ depending on the circumstances)
1. "Maybe you aren't meant to have children. " (This seems obvious, but I've heard it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com