Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

[Infertility]Dear "Mommy" Friends,

First off I would like to say thank you for those that have stood by and supported me on this journey, especially those that have never experienced fertility problems. This is not necessarily directed at you or anyone in particular just somethings I have noticed throughout this journey...

Dear "Mommy" friends,
I have felt the need for the past few weeks to share a letter to you all that I have written on behalf of every women struggling with infertility.
Please be considerate of those struggling to have a child next time you complain about the one(or two, three, four, etc) that the Lord has GRACIOUSLY given to you. It breaks our hearts to hear you whine about pains of pregnancy, or that stubborn child who just won't listen, or lack of sleep, or when you tell us "be thankful you don't have kids" or "I bet this is great birth control". We would give anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to be in your shoes as frazzled and annoyed as you are even at your worst moments. We would trade our "sleeping in" for a newborn's sleep schedule in a heartbeat. We would give up our shopping trips for a tantrum throwing toddler without a second thought. The struggle to conceive is something most women never have to deal with and for that I am thankful, I would not wish this pain on my worst enemy. I know it's hard to understand something that comes so natural(sometimes too natural) to some women, so that is why I am taking the time to write this to you from all those with empty wombs that cry out at night begging God to give them a baby. We may joke around saying we are thankful for the days we get to sleep in or the alone time we get with our husbands, but that is simply to try to be apart of your conversations. For those of us dealing with infertility in our mid twenties and older, we don't fit in anywhere, we don't fit with the young childless partiers, or those who are our age but have kids, we get excluded because of this, sometimes by choice other times because we just don't understand. You are absolutely right... we don't understand because for some reason or another our destinies are to struggle to have that child you "have had about enough of". Thankfully though there is a bright side for us, once we are given that child that we have wept and prayed for after so many years, we will love that child with everything we are, we will remember this struggle in times of hardship, and we will cherish that little one with all of our hearts, because things are always better when you have to wait for them to arrive. But until the day this happens, Please, PLEASE Remember us, remember our tears, and our heartache, remember how truly and completely BLESSED you really are by that precious child of yours.

                                                         Sincerely,
                                                                   Those with empty wombs and overflowing hearts

5 comments:

  1. I just LOVED this post! You have put down in writing what most of us going through the struggles of infertility have only thought about and cried about! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will follow and share my blog :) I am trying to build a following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this. You are absolutely right about the exclusion thing. I am 29 and will be 30 this year. I'm a married woman of 7 years. I had a conversation with someone who had been married 2 years and had a baby in the first year and I said wow I can't even imagine getting pregnant that fast, and she said well, it was planned that way and I just though well gooooooood for you. Some people can't comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously! ! It is so hard to feel excluded over something we cannot control.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com